Skin pigmentation refers to the patchy discoloration that appears on the skin, particularly the face. This may be dark or light patches visible on the forehead or the cheeks. Some of the maladies characterized under skin pigmentation include hyper pigmentation, Melasma, hypo pigmentation and dark circles. There are various causes for skin pigmentation.
- Nutrients deficiency, especially Vitamin A and E
- Excess Iron in the body
- Allergic reaction
- Excess sun
Skin pigmentation can be rectified through the use of certain home remedies.
- Uncooked potatoes – This treatment helps reduce the dark pigmentation. Simply apply grated potato juice on the face. This should be done daily and the juice left to sit for at least 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Milk and orange peel powder – Mix the two ingredients to form a viscous paste. Apply this mixture generously on the face and then rinse off after 20 minutes.
- Cucumber and lemon – Cucumber slices are generally used to treat dark circles. Lemon has an acidic composition that helps do away with old, dead skin. Applying both remedies daily will work progressively to clear out skin pigmentation.
- Strawberries – Get fresh strawberries and mash them up. Apply this on your face and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Raw papaya – A green papaya is excellent treatment for skin pigmentation. Grate and squeeze the juice of the papaya. The papain enzyme present in the juice is good for exfoliating the skin. If you do not have a raw green papaya, you can get green papaya paste that will work just as effectively.
- Vinegar – A great exfoliate that helps clear out dead skin and unclog pores, vinegar is an effectual skin pigmentation remedy. It is however advisable to add some water to reduce the acidity and prevent skin damage. Vinegar is good for lightening up the skin, making it look healthier and radiant.
- Ground almonds and milk – Nutrients and fatty acids present in almonds aid in removing dead or dry skin that may cause pigmentation. A milk and almond mixture is simple to make. After soaking the almonds through the night, pare them, add some milk to the almonds and form a paste. Apply this on the face and wash off after 20 minutes.
- Avocados – Mash and apply the paste on the affected areas of the face. Avocados are high in Vitamin C and fatty acids, which are necessary nutrients in skin repair and healing. However, anyone with latex allergy should avoid this treatment.
- Vitamin E and castor oil – For soft, smooth and healthy looking skin, this mixture will clear away any pigmentation and revitalize the skin.
Recent Skin Pigmentation Articles:
How To Lighten Pigmentation
How Do I Know Its Skin Pigmentation?